There are many different types of business cards available for your business needs, and it is important to figure out which type best fits you and your company. You want a card that is representative of what you are offering your customers or clients. Consider how professional you want your card to be, and what message you want it to communicate to the people you give it to. Here are seven different styles of business cards that you must can between before starting your design.
1. Standard: The standard business card is a 3.5″x2″ rectangle with square corners. This is the basic size and style that every printing company prints at a standard price. Due to the ease of printing and cutting standard cards, these are the most affordable option for any business. These are very professional and will show the customer that you are dedicated, qualified and reliable. This is a great option for anyone looking to print a large number of affordable business cards.
2. Round Corners: Round cornered cards are a variation of standard business cards. Once they are printed, a die cut creates round corners to give it a different shape. This can give your business card a softer feel than standard cards and is becoming a popular option for printing. Be prepared to pay a little extra for round corners, but it might be worth it to add a touch of personality to your business cards. Be sure to create your design with round corners in mind so that you do not cut off any of your information.
3. Square: A fast growing trend in business card printing, square cards are a unique take on the standard card. They are smaller than normal, only 2″x2″, but will definitely separate your business card from everyone else. Square cards are fun and will show your customers that you have a good personality and are a creative person. The only thing you need to be careful of is the space you use. Square cards are quite a bit smaller than standard cards, leaving you less room to include all your information. Try square cards for your next printing job and you will definitely be satisfied.
4. Die-Cut: Die-cut business cards are the most unique cards you can have. If you choose to do a die-cut, you can pick from standard die-cuts or pick from one of the die-cuts your printing company may already have. There is also the option of creating your own die-cut, in which you can choose or design any shape for your die-cut that you want to. Depending on the complexity of your design, die cuts can cost anywhere from $50 and up. Your printing company will likely charge you for this die-cut because you will be their only customer to ever use it. This is the most expensive option for business card printing, but it is the best way to have a truly unique card that no one else will have.
5. Fold-Over: Fold-over cards are great for companies that want to include a little more information in their design than a standard 3.5″x2″ will allow. Folded cards are 3.5″x4″, giving you twice as much space as a regular size card. Be creative with your fold-over business cards by using the folded style in your design. Include a die cut on the fold to create a custom shape or die cut one side of the fold. Fold over cards are a unique take on standard cards, but will give you enough edge to stand out from the crowd.
6. Recycled: Recycled business cards are perfect for those companies and businesses trying to “go green.” These are made of 100% post-consumer waste paper and content. Recycled cards look just as amazing as regular cards, but will give you the peace of mind that you are helping save the environment while still using print media. You can print in full color or black and white, and you still receive the same great quality and thickness as a standard card. These are especially perfect for companies that are selling products or services to other businesses to help them “go green.” You can not go wrong with recycled business cards.
7. Portfolio: Portfolio cards are the most unique form of business card printing. Whether you are looking to add a touch of personality to your cards or you just want to showcase a variety of images or products, printing your cards in portfolio style allows you to print multiple different cards with just one order. Keeping all the information uniform on the back of each card, choose a different photograph, background color, product or image for the front of your card. The best number of styles for printing is anything in a multiple of 20, including 4, 5, 10 and 20. Portfolio business cards are great for photographers, bloggers, videographers, or anyone looking to create completely unique cards.
As you can see, there are many different types of business cards available, all of them ranging in price and uniqueness. Make sure you pick the card that best represents your company, but make sure it is still within your budget. Also, double check that your card conveys the message you want it to to your customers to get the best response.
Some other options to consider for your business cards printing include: stock weight and color, size, full color printing or black and white printing, single sided printing or double sided printing, and how many cards you will need. You will never want to run out of cards, so it is important that you order more than you think you will need. It is a bad idea to get caught without your cards.